Ley's Malleable Castings Foundry was established in 1874 off Osmaston Road beside the old BDJR main line. Sir Francis Ley built an 11 acre site for the manufacture of vulcanised castings and supplied the developing motor car industry. His interest in Baseball led to the development of workers teams and the sports ground he provided for them later became the Baseball Ground, Home of Derby County Football Club. (now located at Pride Park). The Foundry closed after a takeover in 1986 and has since been demolished for factory units. Photograph of an etching or engraving.
North East Midland Photographic Record